Sunday, July 24, 2011

3 weeks...

In 3 weeks from yesterday I will officially be on my way to Kansas with this girl in tow. This also means that I have approximately 20 days to do quite a few things. Here is the list so far:

1. I need to finish packing. I have packed about half my stuff already so I guess that's good.
2. I have several pairs of pants that need hemming before I leave. I decided to start buying slacks since skirts for clinic probably won't cut it anymore you know since there will be snow and all.
3. I need to get my hair done. It is looking nasty. Lacey (my youngest sister) told me it felt like I had horse hair since my ends are so dead. Guess what...thats what happens when you work EVERYDAY at a pool.
4. I need to see ALL my friends at least once more before taking off.
5. I need to go to the beach!
6. I need to figure out what else I need to get done because I am sure there is much much more to do.

I have however been trying to make the most of my time left here, that is the times when I am not at work. Friday was spent in San Diego with the fambam at a Gavin DeGraw/Maroon 5/Train concert. I sure am going to miss The concert was amazing. I am pretty sure I am in love with Adam Levine. His dancing and tattoos are so sexy. Plus my dad bought us amazing seats so it was quite wonderful. Here's a quick pic of the from right before we headed out:


Today was a day spent in LA. I'm also going to miss LA, but definitely not the traffic. We started the day off with a Dodger game in which they won. Truly a miracle these days. Then we headed over to the Grove for a little shopping and an amazing Italian dinner. I picked up these amazing pumps at Nordstroms. I kinda think they'll be a perfect clinic shoe as they can go black or brown and they seem quite comfortable.

Finally, I should mention that my wonderful friend Ally wrote the nicest, most perfect blog about our upcoming road trip together and I think you should check it out. Find it here.

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. cute shoes!

    can't even wait! counting down the days!

    P.S. i didn't know that you were are in love with Adam. haha. who isn't.

    ReplyDelete